Entry Level Software/Firmware Engineer - College Grads Welcome !
Job Description: Software/Firmware Engineer - College Grads Welcome!
Location: Valencia, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire/FTE/W2
As a member of the R&D team, this position is responsible for support of existing products, as well as development and support of new products. This position is expected to participate in the entire software development process for the medical device products including requirements, design, implementation, verification and validation and the associated documentations. This position is also expected to contribute in the development of existing and new algorithms.
- Participate in the entire Software Development process for the medical device products, including requirements definitions, design and implementation, verification and validation testing.
- Responsible for design and implementation of various medical device software / firmware including desktop applications, iOS and Android applications, and embedded / real time devices.
- Participate in the development of existing and new algorithms.
- Participate in the software verification and validation activities.
- Responsible for writing required documents per Software Development process including requirements, design, unit test, Engineering reports, verification and validation plan and report.
- Interact with Regulatory Affairs, Sales & Marketing, Quality Assurance, and Supply Chain Management.
- Travel is required, though this will be planned in conjunction with the functional departmental manager and will be based on requirements.
- Bachelor of Science or Master's Degree preferred in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics.
- 2-3 years' experience in development of software and firmware is preferred but will consider recent college graduate
- Strong communication skill is required
- Strong documentation skills needed.
- High degree of energy, resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Capable of self-direction.
- Able to react to change productively and to perform other essential tasks assigned.
- Ability to apply analytical methods to solve design problems.
- Ability to accomplish tasks independently.
- Ideal candidate shall be able to quickly come up to speed on different operating systems (Windows, embedded, Android, IOS), different development environments (desktop and embedded), and different computer languages (C#, C/C++, Java).
- Solid working knowledge of Word and Excel is required.
- Experience with desktop software
- Experience with iOS and Android application
- Experience with real time firmware and software
- Experience with algorithm development is a plus
- Experience with software development cycle and software life cycle
- Experience with software qualification
- Experience with medical devices is preferred.
- Experience with other regulated environment (e.g. military) is preferred.
- Candidates should be organized, be self-motivated, be capable of working as part of a team or independently.
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Methodology is required.
- Proficiency in C/C++ language is required.
- Proficiency in C# language is required.
- Proficiency in Java language is preferred.
- Experiences in firmware, embedded and real-time software development is preferred.
- Experiences in MS Windows desktop software development is preferred.
- Experiences in IOS software development is preferred.
- Experiences in Android software development is preferred.
- Experience with MATLAB is preferred.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG's candidates and experience the difference!
Job Type: Direct Placement
Location: Valencia, CA
Job ID: 20-02628
Date Updated: March 20, 2020