USA-Research Associate I (Scientific)
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled research associate scientist to join our translational biomedical research for imaging of key biomarkers for our rare-neuro diseases & immunology-oncology programs.
- A successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing mass spectrometry imaging to profile lipids, glycans and proteins in tissue sections.
- He or she will perform tissue handling and sectioning, depositing chemical matrix and mass spectrometry imaging.
- He/She will have unique chance to contribute to the cutting-edge research that provides the rich resources and daily collaborations with world-class scientists.
- The candidate will become a part of the team and emerge as a critical contributor to our innovation approach to help better understand the disease biology, its progression and therapeutic response. Candidate is expected to keep abreast of published scientific literature and present his/her data at internal project meetings.
- BS or MS degree in Biological Sciences
- +2 years of experience in the area of tissue preparation and sectioning is required. Knowledge in tissue pathology & immunohistochemistry techniques is plus.
- Candidate with experience in mass spectrometry (LC-MS, proteomics, lipidomics, metabolomics) and database search is plus.
- Experience with spectroscopy and techniques for surface analytics (e.g. AFM, SEM, SAAP-MS, LESA) is plus.
- Must be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently to conduct experiments and analyze data.
- Must be able to and is willing to help maintaining various lab instruments.
- Must be able to seek out information, learn quickly, and successfully apply knowledge in his/her work.
Job Type: Contract
Location: Framingham, MA
Job ID: 20-04551
Date Updated: September 22, 2020