Scientist, Vaccine Stability and Assay Development
Redwood City, CA
We are seeking a full-time PhD scientist to perform virology and ELISA assays in support of vaccine formulation and delivery device development, in house and at external partner laboratories, as well as the evaluation of vaccine stability. This individual, reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, will contribute to the product development of the lead RSV clinical candidate, as well as additional pipeline programs. The candidate should be passionate about our company mission of improving global public health by developing innovative and safe vaccines against important respiratory viruses.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong background in the manipulation and analysis of viruses and ability to translate their knowledge into practical assays to support the development of Client vaccines and the assessment of their stability.
- Experience in common methods of virus preservation including formulation and lyophilization are a plus.
- Candidate should have a high level of integrity and the ability to take on different roles as required in a small company, able to lead independent projects, and be a team player that shares the founders' passion in bringing these vaccines to patients.
- A key responsibility of this position will be the execution of carefully developed protocols and writing robust reports to support regulatory filings.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to organize work are required.
- The PhD scientist will perform and support research activities leading to advances in CMC and product development across the portfolio.
- The scientist will present her/his results at national meetings and provide project updates to senior management.
- The candidate must be self-motivated to stay current with the literature and should have strong written and oral communications skills.
- Working with other employees and external consultants, execute experiments to develop and characterize vaccine manufacturing processes and formulations
- Perform experiments to characterize the stability of drug substances and drug products
- Assist in delivery device selection and performance characterization
- Develop robust data to support regulatory filings in support of vaccines development
- Design and perform virus quantitation assays – cell-based infectivity, qPCR, ELISA, chromatographic and other virology and protein chemistry assays as required
- Assist in data analysis and report writing
- Interact and collaborate with vendors and research contract organizations (CROs)
Job Type: Direct Placement
Location: Redwood City, CA
Job ID: 20-04947
Date Updated: July 13, 2020