Research Associate/Scientist - Cell Therapy
We are seeking a Research Associate or Scientist to join our Cell Therapy group, focusing on development of the next generation of cellular therapies. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of our Treg platform. The environment is teamwork-oriented, exciting, fast-paced, and offers the opportunity to directly impact the clinical translation of genome editing.
- Perform multiparameter flow cytometry analysis of PBMCs and/or iPSCs and their derivatives. Develop robust new panels for phenotyping and other flow-based immunoassays.
- Perform gene expression analyses by RT-PCR or related methods.
- Support lab management and infrastructure.
- Document methods, maintain laboratory notebooks and databases.
- Make detailed observations, summarize data, present progress to project team and/or other groups
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature. Investigate, create, and develop new methods and technologies to address research challenges for project advancement
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a scientific discipline (preferably immunology or molecular and cell biology) with at least 5+years of experience in industry and/or academia. Level will be dependent upon education, skills, and experience.
- A thorough understanding of molecular biology and stem cell biology.
- Highly proficient with aseptic cell culture techniques and cell-based assays.
- Experience in stem cell expansion and differentiation is desired.
- Highly proficient in multiparameter flow cytometry and experienced in applying rigorous, standardized methods to generate high quality data using FlowJo.
- Proven laboratory experience with different molecular biology techniques including and not limited to nucleic acid extraction and real-time qPCR.
- Ability to execute experiments independently, troubleshoot molecular techniques and evaluate data of moderate complexity
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to document procedures and results and keep accurate detailed records.
- Must have a goal-oriented mindset, be capable of prioritizing and working on multiple projects within timelines.
- Ability to work well in a cross functional team environment.
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location: Brisbane, CA
Job ID: 21-07456
Date Updated: July 29, 2021