Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate
Redwood City, CA
We are seeking a Research Associate / Senior Research Associate to join our Biology team. The Researcher will be a bench scientist conducting hands-on studies to enable drug discovery with a wide range of technical skills in cell biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry. This person will be expected to complete several in vitro experiments and to work as part of a team on varied projects with changing priorities. This position requires an excellent ability to plan and carry out experiments independently, analyze, and interpret the results of studies.
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory.
- Maintain mammalian cell culture.
- Screen molecules (small molecules, antibodies) for activity in biochemical assays.
- Set up and perform proliferation assays, apoptosis assays, gene expression profiling (GEP) with cell lines.
- Perform initial analysis of experimental data and interpret immediate outcomes.
- Troubleshoot routinely technical problems and perform ordinary/extraordinary equipment maintenance.
- Contribute to the development of Client assays.
- Demonstrate clear communication and present scientific results in department meetings.
- Order and maintain reagents and lab supplies.
- Ability to keep organized data and records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS/MS/PhD in biological sciences. 2-5 years industry experience.
- Proficient in cell culture
- Experience in biochemical, cellular, and functional assays in a screening format.
- Experience in ELISA
- Proficiency in FACS preferred
- Proficiency with PRISM
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
At our company, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Type: Direct Placement
Location: Redwood City, CA
Job ID: 21-09562
Date Updated: October 22, 2021