Scientist I (DMPK-BA Scientist/Associate Scientist)
South San Francisco, CA
The responsibilities of a DMPK-BA Scientist/Associate Scientist contract position are to develop and routinely employ bioanalytical methods for the qualitative analysis of endogenous small molecules/peptides in CSF, plasma, and various biological tissues using mass spectrometry in support of biomarker discovery. Responsibilities will also include data processing, statistical analysis, and dissemination of results to project teams in support of drug discovery and development programs.
- The candidate will have background in Bioanalytical Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS and LC-HRMS) with hands on experience and proven ability to design, develop and routinely employ bioanalytical methods for the quantitative and qualitative analysis of endogenous small molecule metabolites.
- The candidate will be preferred if having demonstrated mass spectrometry-based metabolomics experience.
- The candidate will be advantageous with biostatistics / bioinformatics ability to code for data analysis in R or Python.
- The candidate should be able develop, validate, and troubleshoot methods/instrumentation.
- Other responsibilities will include electronic laboratory notebook keeping and communication of results to project teams.
- Candidates for DMPK-BA Scientist/Associate Scientist contract position will have a Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, or equivalent with relevant experience of 0-2 years.
- Experience with metabolomics is preferred but not required.
- Experience with bioinformatics and/or biostatistics is a plus.
- The candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Type: Contract
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Job ID: 20-01845
Date Updated: March 23, 2020