Redwood City, CA
We are seeking a full-time operations manager to support a range of operational activities with a focus on procurement, logistics, safety, and quality control. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in learning about our vaccine development pipeline programs and be a team player that shares the founders' passion in bringing these vaccines to patients. Preference will be given to candidates with previous biotechnology operations experience in the above core functions. Previous background in a regulated environment (GXP), training in IATA shipment of dangerous goods, or cell and molecular biology benchwork are ideal, but not required.
The applicant should be responsible, self-motivated, possess a high level of integrity, resourceful, and driven to maintain quality deliverables. The successful candidate will be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment. They should be capable of multi-tasking, independently managing tasks, and prioritizing action items based on company goals. The candidate should be eager to learn new topics and processes. Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively organize work are required.
The Operations Manager will work with the Operations Department and perform the following tasks:
- Support procurement processes in collaboration with the accounts payable team.
- Coordinate with lab personnel to ensure their supply needs are met, maintain inventories.
- Sourcing critical supplies and proactively protecting the supply chain.
- Manage vendor relationships and handle communications.
- Support R&D teams in maintaining rigorous documentation for regulated supplies.
- Lead shipment coordination, both for lab supplies, as well as supporting department specific logistics.
- Partner with EH&S to ensure documentation is maintained for company policies.
- Lead safety program and support compliance on policies and lab standards.
- Manage renewals of permits and licenses, as well as facilitate inspections and audits.
- Support the Quality Manager in maintaining documentation for the quality management system.
- Collaborate on regulatory discussions and support implementation of new processes to fulfill each department's requirements.
Job Type: Direct Placement
Location: Redwood City, CA
Job ID: 20-07145
Date Updated: October 2, 2020