Research Associate II - Contract (analytical development)
Seeking a motivated temporary Research Associate II to support the development of analytical methods for Adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy products. In this role, the candidate will follow SOPs; perform, troubleshoot, and help optimization of the analytical methods to support a variety of Sangamos therapeutic programs. The ideal candidate will have a fundamental understanding of developing analytical methods that are used for characterization of manufacturing of biologics.
- Play a major role in development of assays and testing for supporting process development under the general supervision.
- Assist in development and optimization of Client analytical methods for the characterization of AAV-based drug products.
- Work with senior level scientist to ensure required documentation is accurate and complete.
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific project plans.
- Contribute to routine laboratory organization of samples and reagents and maintenance of lab equipment.
- BS in a Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent. MS preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Proven laboratory experience with bioassay including cell culture techniques, potency assay, molecular biology techniques including and not limited to real-time qPCR and droplet digital PCR.
- Familiarity with analytical biochemistry and protein-based assays.
- Previous experience in a gene therapy-based drug development and regulated environment is a plus.
- Ability to execute experiments independently, troubleshoot molecular techniques and evaluate data of moderate complexity.
- Detail-oriented, organized with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to document procedures and results and keep accurate detailed records.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- An understanding of USP/ICH guidelines for analytical method development, qualification/validation is strong plus.
- Proficient in standard computer skills, familiarity with data analysis and Statistical analysis software is a plus
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Type: Contract
Location: Brisbane, CA
Job ID: 21-10198
Date Updated: September 17, 2021